Why Should You Choose Cochlear?
Who We Are
We’re the people who help people hear. In fact, our Cochlear hearing implants have helped over 450,000 people hear. And no matter how many people we help, no matter how big that number gets, we still get choked up every time we see the priceless expression of someone being able to hear, either again or for the very first time.
Dr. Graeme Clark knows that feeling more than anyone else. After watching his father struggle with deafness his whole life, Dr. Clark vowed to do what many in the scientific and medical communities said was impossible. In 1978, he proved all the experts wrong when he gave Rod Saunders the world’s first multi-channel cochlear hearing implant. And the miracle of hearing.
That groundbreaking day made history. It also made it possible for thousands of people to hear their children, their friends and families. The invention of the world’s first multi-channel cochlear implant over 30 years ago evolved into our Cochlear™ Nucleus® System. We then expanded our hearing implant solutions with the Cochlear Baha® System and the Cochlear™ Nucleus® Hybrid™ Implant System to treat a broader range of hearing loss. Today, as the global leader in hearing implant technology, we continue to invest more than any other company in research and development to advance hearing technology.1-2 All to make sure your hearing keeps improving throughout your life.
See how Cochlear helps people Hear now. And always
We know firsthand that choosing the right hearing implant is an important decision. It can wonderfully affect how you live your life and the way you engage with others. For over 30 years, more people have trusted their hearing to Cochlear than all other companies combined.1-2 So why should you choose Cochlear?
Innovation is the basis of what we do. Besides being the leading global expert in implantable hearing solutions, we invest millions in research and development to ensure you’ll have access to future advancements as they become available.
Some of today’s innovations include:
- Innovative technology that fits your lifestyle with true wireless freedom
- Smallest and most advanced sound processors for your best hearing performance3-4
- Dual-microphone and SmartSound® iQ technology make listening easier – especially in noise5-6
- First and only behind-the-ear waterproof solution
- Portfolio of hearing implant technology to fit your hearing loss
- First and only FDA-approved hearing solution that combines two proven hearing technologies to use the hearing you have and provide access to the hearing you’re missing with the Cochlear™ Nucleus® Hybrid™ Hearing System*
It’s all done with one goal in mind – to help you hear better today, tomorrow and into the future.
*Hybrid Hearing is approved in the US only for use with the Nucleus Hybrid L24 Implant and adults 18 and older.
Hear Now. And always
It’s more than a phrase, it’s our enduring promise to help the world hear better. When you choose Cochlear, you’re not just getting the best technology available, you’re investing in a lifelong commitment that we will be there to support you and help you achieve your personal best hearing experience for your lifetime.
We deliver on this promise with:
- Industry’s most comprehensive warranty
- Access to future advancements as they become available
- Resources and support for you now and throughout your hearing journey
- Insurance reimbursement services to help you navigate the process
- Largest community and volunteer network to support you
Market Leader for 30 Years and Counting
Since that very first life was changed over 30 years ago, more people have trusted their hearing to Cochlear than all other companies combined.1-2 Over 450,000 people worldwide to be exact. You can also feel peace of mind knowing that Cochlear has the best long-term implant reliability record.7-12 So if you’re considering which implant is right for you or a loved one, Cochlear doesn’t just offer hope of better hearing, it’s our namesake.
There are many more reasons to choose Cochlear. Each one is life changing. The time is now to take the step toward better hearing. And Cochlear will be with you every step of the way, ensuring your hearing is the best it can be – for life.
Cochlear’s Lifetime Commitment to You
- Cochlear Americas [Date on file] 2012 March.
- Cochlear Annual Report, 2013 September. Income statement. [Internet: pdf document, 59 p.] 2013 September [cited 2015 May 4] Available from: www.cochlear.com
- Nucleus 6 Sound Processor with compact rechargeable battery.
- Baha 5 Sound Processor measured as a height comparison between the Baha 5 Sound Processor (26 mm) and the smallest available competing product (34 mm).
- Amlani, A. (2001). Efficacy of directional microphone hearing aids: a meta-analytic perspective. J Am Acad Audiol, 12, 202 – 214.
- Bentler, R. (2005). Effectiveness of directional microphones and noise reduction schemes in hearing aids: a systematic review of the evidence. J Am Acad Audiol, 16, 473 – 484.
- Cochlear Ltd. Cochlear™ Nucleus® Reliability Report, vol.13, 2015 February,[PDF-Internet] [as of April 2015] [cited 2015 Sept 9]. Available from: http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/connect/intl/home/discover/cochlear-implants/nucleus-6/nucleus-implant-portfolio/reliability-report
- Advanced Bionics. Advanced Bionics 2014 Cochlear Implant Device Reliability Reportte, HiRes 90K Supplier A Post-2005 modifications, [PDF-Internet] [as of May 2, 2014 cited 2014 Dec 2]. 028-M476-03. Available from: http://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/candidate/AB_Reliability_Report.pdf.
- [Image-Internet] MED-EL2015 February [cited 2015 Sept] Available from: http://www.medel.com/us/reliability-reporting
- Battmer RD, O’Donoghue GM, Lenarz T. A multicenter study of device failure in European cochlear implant centres. Ear Hear 2007 Apr;28(2 Suppl): 95S-99S.
- Cullen RD, Fayad JN, Luxford WM, et al. Revision cochlear implant surgery in children. Otol Neurotol 2008;29(2): 214-20.
- Battmer RD, Linz B, Lenarz T. A review of device failure in more than 23 years of clinical experience of a cochlear implant program with more than 3,400 implantees. Otol Neurotol 2009 Jun;30(4): 455-63.