This section will show you how to connect your sound processor to the Baha® Softband.
The Baha Softband is latex-free and fitted with one or two connector disc(s) with built-in safety releases, which are designed to open if the Baha Softband should catch on an object.
It is available in unilateral and bilateral versions.
Attaching and removing the Baha Softband
Adjust the length of the Baha Softband by using the slider(s). The bilateral version has two sliders: one (A) for adjusting the total length of the band and the other (B) for adjusting the distance between the connector discs (D).
For infants (head circumference less than 36 cm), the Baha Softband can be shortened by removing the short bilateral extension (C) from the bilateral Baha Softband and reconnect the Baha Softband.
- Adjust the length of the Baha Softband using the slider(s).
- Attach the Baha sound processor(s) to the disc(s) by tilting and snapping it gently into place.
- Place the Baha Softband on the wearer’s head and adjust it to fit comfortably. For best performance the disc(s) should be placed flat behind the ear (E), or at any other bony location on the skull i.e. forehead.
- Turn the volume on the sound processor up slowly.
- To remove the sound processor, place one finger underneath it and gently tilt until it releases.
The Baha Softband should be fitted firmly but comfortably (it should be possible to insert one finger underneath the band). For the first few weeks the Baha Softband can be worn for shorter periods of time until the wearer becomes accustomed to it.
To help avoid any tenderness, vary the position of the disc on the wearer’s head each day.
- When wearing the Baha Softband, children should not be left unattended and should always have adult supervision.
- If the wearer has an implant, do not place the Baha Softband directly over the implant/abutment during the healing period as this may hinder the osseointegration.
- Never use the safety release (disc) to open or close the Baha Softband.
- Always check that the Baha Softband is functioning properly. Never try to modify or replace the elastic material yourself.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.