The Baha® Softband is intended for young children, for long-term use for people who cannot have an implant but can still benefit from bone-anchored hearing amplification, or during a trial period.
- About Baha® Softband
- Using your Baha Softband
- Caring for your Baha Softband
- Attaching a Baha SoftWear™ pad
About Baha Softband
- The Baha Softband is free from natural rubber latex
- It is available in bilateral and unilateral models in several colours
- One size fits all, with sliders to conveniently adjust the length (even between the bilateral adaptors)
- The Baha SoftWear pad distributes pressure and improves comfort and performance.
- Safety release in case the softband gets caught in something
Using your Baha Softband
The Baha Softband is fitted with one or two snap connectors and a safety release (C), which is designed to open if the softband should catch on an object. Never use the safety release to open or close the softband
The bilateral version has two sliders: one for adjusting the total length and one for adjusting the distance between the snap connectors.
- Adjust the length of the softband (B)
- Attach the sound processor to the snap connector (A)
- Place the Baha Softband on the wearer’s head and adjust it to fit comfortably (it should be possible to insert one finger underneath the band). For best performance the snap connector should be placed flat behind the ear or at any other bony location of the skull i.e. forehead.
- Turn the volume on the sound processor up slowly
For the first few weeks it can be worn for shorter periods of time until the wearer has become accustomed to it. To help avoid any tenderness vary the position of the snap connector on the wearer’s head each day.
Children should not be left unattended and should always have adult supervision when wearing the softband.
If the wearer has an implant, do not place the softband directly over the implant/abutment during the healing period as this may hinder the osseointegration.
Caring for your Baha Softband
- The Baha Softband can be washed by hand at 40 °C (104 °F) or cooler. Use a mild soap but avoid fabric softeners. Never use any strong chemical solutions. Do not tumble dry or iron it. Never try to modify or replace the elastic material yourself.
- The snap connector can be cleaned with a small brush.
- Remove the sound processor and Baha SoftWear Pad before washing or cleaning.
Attaching a Baha SoftWear Pad
You should change the Baha SoftWear pad in the following cases:
- If the Baha SoftWear pad appears worn-out or damaged
- If an accumulation of dirt or moisture on the Baha SoftWear pad that cannot be wiped off
- If you experience a gradual deterioration in wearing comfort (if changing the Baha SoftWear pad does not help, contact your hearing care professional)
If necessary, remove the old pad from the snap connector. Ensure you remove any adhesive residue left behind.
- Remove the cover sheet to expose the adhesive surface.
- Attach the pad to the snap connector. Make sure it is centralised and covers the entire surface.
- Remove the remaining cover sheet from the pad.
Full indications, contraindications, warnings and instructions for use can be found in the User Manuals supplied with the devices.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.