Choose Quality. Choose Cochlear.
Choosing a cochlear implant is a lifetime decision. Be it for yourself, or a loved one, you want to trust that you are choosing the best hearing solution for today and for the future. Along with hearing performance, implant reliability is an important consideration. The reliability of the implant you choose is a measure of quality and can provide peace of mind today and for the years to come.
Cochlear™ Nucleus® implants are the most reliable in the industry.1-4 We meet and report against the independent global standards for implant reliability,5-7 publishing data of every implant generation, past and present.
Most reliable today. Most reliable over time.
The numbers speak for themselves. Cochlear Nucleus implants are the most reliable on the market, today and over time.1-4 So, when you choose Cochlear you not only choose quality, you also choose our lifetime commitment to your hearing experience.
Click on the image below to enlarge
Most reliable for children.
When choosing a hearing implant solution for your child, we understand that you want the very best. Getting the very best means choosing Cochlear, with a market-leading implant reliability rate of 99.94% for our latest generation implant.1
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.
* CSP = Cumulative Survival Percentage
- Cochlear Limited, D1175804. Cochlear Nucleus Implant Reliability Report, Volume 15, January 2017. 2017, May.
- 2016 Cochlear Implant Reliability Report [Internet]. 028-M797-02 RevB ©2016 Advanced Bionics AG and affiliates. All rights reserved.[cited 30 May 2017]; Available from: http://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/candidate/2016-cochlear-implant-reliability-report.pdf
- Reliability You Can Count On [Internet]. MED-EL. April 2017 [cited 30 May 2017]. Available from: http://www.medel.com/reliability-reporting/
- Cochlear Implant Systems Reliability Report [Internet]. Oticon Medical. February 2016 [cited 30 May 2017] Available from: https://www.oticonmedical.com/for-professionals/cochlear-implant/reliability-report
- International standard ISO 5841-2. Implants for surgery — Cardiac Pacemakers — part 2: Reporting of clinical performance of populations of pulse generators or leads. Geneva (Switzerland): International Organization for Standardization – second edition 2000, third edition 2014.
- European consensus statement on cochlear implant failures and explantations. Otol Neurotol. 2005 Nov;26(6):1097-9
- Battmer RD, Backous DD, Balkany TJ, Briggs RJ, Gantz BJ, van Hasselt A, et al. International classification of reliability for implanted cochlear implant receiver stimulators. Otol Neurotol. 2010. Oct;31(8):1190-3.