Cochlear: Number one for reliability
Cochlear™ Nucleus® Implant Reliability Report.
A cochlear implant is with you for life.
High implant reliability means greater patient satisfaction and less risk of additional surgery. When considering a cochlear implant, it's important that you have access to the latest data on short-and long-term reliability, including success and failure rates for both adults and children.
Cochlear's implants are the most reliable1 in the industry.*
We meet and report against the independent global standards for implant reliability2-4. We publish data of every implant generation, past and present, and make this information available to surgeons and audiologists around the world.
And the results in our 2017 Reliability Report are clear:
- Cochlear™ Nucleus® Profile Series – 99.94% reliability within three years in the market.
- Cochlear Nucleus CI24RE – 99% reliability within 12 years in the market.
No other implant company meets the global standards for reliability reporting2-4 and no other company can match Cochlear's record for implant reliability5-7.
For Cochlear, reliability matters.
Click on the image below to enlarge
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.
* Latest generation of cochlear implants commercially available as at 30 January 2017.
- Cochlear Limited, D1175804. Cochlear Nucleus Implant Reliability Report, Volume 15, January 2017. 2017, Mar.
- International standard ISO 5841-2. Implants for surgery — Cardiac Pacemakers — part 2: Reporting of clinical performance of populations of pulse generators or leads. Geneva (Switzerland): International Organization for Standardization – second edition 2000, third edition 2014.
- European consensus statement on cochlear implant failures and explantations. Otol Neurotol. 2005 Nov;26(6):1097-9
- Battmer RD, Backous DD, Balkany TJ, Briggs RJ, Gantz BJ, van Hasselt A, et al. International classification of reliability for implanted cochlear implant receiver stimulators. Otol Neurotol. 2010 Oct;31(8):1190-3.
- Reliability You Can Count On [Internet]. MED-EL. January 2016 [cited 10 February 2017]. Available from: http://www.medel.com/reliability-reporting/
- 2016 Cochlear Implant Reliability Report [Internet]. 028-M797-02 RevB ©2016 Advanced Bionics AG and affiliates. All rights reserved.[cited 10 January 2017]; Available from: http://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/candidate/2016-cochlear-implant-reliability-report.pdf
- COCHLEAR IMPLANT SYSTEMS RELIABILITY REPORT | Oticon Medical website (https://www.oticonmedical.com/for-professionals/cochlear-implant/reliability-report) March 2016 8 February 2017