Benefits of Baha®
Sound is our lifeline to the world around, helping us participate in an active and social life. By using your body's natural ability to conduct sound, Baha® bypasses a damaged middle or outer ear and sends sound directly to your inner ear. With Baha you hear the things you're missing.
The benefits of Baha are well documented. By bypassing the outer or middle ear, Baha can help you hear better in noisy situations and allow you to localise sounds. Not only do you benefit from improved speech understanding, hearing with Baha results in a natural sound with less distortion and feedback when compared with conventional hearing aids.1-5 The ear canal is left open for comfort, and helps to reduce any problems caused by chronic ear infections or allergies. If you are completely deaf in one ear, Baha sends the sound via the skull bone from the deaf side to the inner ear of the hearing side. This transfer of sound gives you 360-degree sound awareness.
Try it without surgery
To find out if Baha is for you contact a health care professional for a demonstration. No surgery is needed to test Baha, you can try the system using a test band or using a Baha sound processor on a Baha Softband. This way, you can experience Baha first-hand, without surgery.
With Baha you can:
- Experience great sound with less distortion & feedback1
- Regain 360-degree sound awareness2
- Experience sound without anything blocking your ear canal or any feeling of weight from a hearing aid on your ear3
- Benefit from reduced problems from allergies or chronic ear infections4
- Try Baha, before you decide to go ahead with surgery
- Get a proven, clinically tested and documented hearing solution5
- Benefit from more than 30 years of experience in bone conduction