Cochlear's guiding principles
With Cochlear, you can count on three things: technical product innovation, world-class design, and lifelong commitment. Our 250,000 Nucleus recipients and thousands of hearing and educational professionals make up the largest cochlear implant community in the world. Our community is continually supported by our guiding principles.
Innovate for Leading Performance
At the heart of Cochlear’s product development is one simple idea—innovation. Whether that innovation is focused on performance or features, the principle is the same: Think of ways to deliver capabilities that nobody has thought of before, and improve those that already exist. That’s how we’ve come to lead the industry with the highest-performing, feature-packed cochlear implant systems that include:
- Revolutionary sound technology designed to mirror the intricacies of natural hearing. This means better hearing in different listening environments, including noisy, crowded places.
- Future sound processing capabilities to deliver sound to the hearing nerve with ultra-fine timing accuracy. With more than 1000 times the timing accuracy, Nucleus Freedom is designed to offer performance improvements as these advancements emerge.
- Award-winning Contour Advance™ 22-channel electrode designed to deliver clear sound to the hearing nerve and to protect the delicate cochlear structures during insertion.
- The industry’s broadest range of coding and customisation options to meet individual unique needs.
- A next-generation, digital microchip for a strong sound engine, with plenty of power to spare for future innovations.
Deliver World-Class Design
We incorporate world-class design in every aspect of our product development, delivering an unrivalled listening experience. Our world-class design includes:
- Innovative, flexible modular design that fits easily into the lifestyle of adults and children alike.
- The toughest materials available—tested to the highest military standards and designed to last a lifetime.
- Sweat- and splash-resistant speech processors—built to withstand perspiration, humidity and moisture.
- Comfortable speech processors, with sleek curves that fit snugly behind the ear. Our small, slim silhouette ensures a good fit on very young children and offers extra comfort for those wearing glasses.
- An extensive range of audio connection accessories to enjoy tunes on an iPOD or watch a movie at home or in a theater.
- Industry-first, push-button controls that allow processor adjustments without cumbersome dials and switches.
Lifetime commitment - Assure Lifelong Service
Our products are designed to last a lifetime. When you choose Cochlear, you choose a lifelong partner dedicated to the quality of your hearing today, tomorrow and always. Our lifetime service includes:
- Technology upgrades without additional surgery or implant replacement.
- Collaboration with a worldwide community of leading scientists in 70 countries, with global research and development conducted at our facilities in Australia, Belgium and the United States. Our dedication and innovation never stops.
- Long-lasting reliability thanks to implants that are built to the highest standards.
- Service centers around the world—always there to help solve any problem.